Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Family Home Evening, Oct 3rd 2010


As long as I've known Austin, he's always had an obsession with MINI Coopers (apparently this was one of his nicknames growing up, him being the youngest Cooper child). Well, for FHE I decided to hunt down a MINI Cooper and let him test drive one. I tried to keep it a surprise (definitely one of the first times I've ever been able to be sneaky without him guessing or discovering my plans), and he squealed like a little girl when we pulled into Hertz Car Sales-- there it was... a beautiful 2003 MINI Cooper S Model, waiting for him to test drive. In order to pull this off, we would need to convince the salesman that we weren't poor college students looking for a joy ride; I told Austin that he needed to get into character and play the part of a high maintenance, debt-happy schmuck. The salesman judged us to be legit (I think it's because of my pearl earrings and Austin's fake Rolex), so we took off for a pleasant 8.4 mile test drive. It was pretty fun, definitely a little snazzier than our '98 Toyota Camry.... but hey, we're debt free, and there is nothing snazzier than that.




1 comment:

  1. :) haha you two are super start! -Brad love ya both to death

    ReplyDelete